Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Financial Management

I am taking a financial Management class and and also a parenting class, in conjunction with this class it has gotten me thinking a lot about what i can do to be a good financial role model. I feel that it is very important to be a good role model for our children because they will learn those traits from us, but only if we are actively practicing them. I know that it is my responsibility to provide for their physical means, and I can do this through budgeting and getting a good job that will allow me to provide for them. In My money management class we have been working on a family budget and how to have enough money for our needs. As I have done the assignments I have obtained the knowledge that I will need to be able to budget effectively. As I budget I will be able to show my children the importance of budgeting and saving up for things that you want and using your money for things that you need. I will help them to develop this by teaching them how to budget and giving them and allowance so that they can actively learn and practice this principle. I also feel that being a good financial role model means to know how to work hard. I will help my children to know this by working hard myself and taking pride in the work that I do. Really the only thing that we can do to teach our children and to be financial role models is to just do it. We can say that we will do things but we will always find things that get in out ways. The Only thing that will prevent that is to start making it a priority in our lives now. I will be able to do this as I Make a conscientious effort to budget now and actively make it a part of my money earning and money spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment