Monday, March 26, 2012

Fathers...



The Family Proclamation says that a fathers responsibility to provide preside and protect his family. When I think about that I think about the things in my life that either help me or prohibit me from accomplishing this. My father is a great example to me of exemplifying the “3 P’s”. Something that I really look up to my father for is his testimony. He has an amazing testimony in the church and has never sacrificed that for anything. I once asked my father “What are some of the most important contributions you believe you make to your family through your role as a father? He said, “There are a couple things, being a priesthood holder and always being worthy to exercise my priesthood. The worthiness is important so that I can have the companionship of the spirit and utilize the gifts of the spirit that I have been given for my family. If you have a physical tangible thing, like using the priesthood, then everything will fall into place.” Because of my father and his willingness to exercise his priesthood I have gained a better testimony of it and what it means in my life. When we have something we can use in our lives that helps us to “win” and defeat Satan, like the priesthood, and as we use it worthily we are become the men that our wives, mothers, sisters, and daughters need us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment